Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Soon to be a family of FIVE!!!

I am PREGNANT!!!!

I have been trying to blog about it forever!! But half the time I haven't been up to blogging and then the times that I have tried it hasn't let me. It has been so frustrating. So I am so excited it is letting me.


This is my "oh my goodness, does it really say I am pregnant" face
*
I wanted to think of a fun way to tell my girls that I was pregnant. So I decided to go find some big sister shirts and have them wrapped up for them to open. We loaded the girls up for a weekend camping trip and gave the "gifts" to them the night we got there.

Taylor got hers open first and then went to help Kennedy get hers open. Here is her expression when she read Kennedy's shirt!!

"Why does it say big sister...she is the little sister?!?"

This is her "really!!!??!"

It took a second but she got it figured out with the help of daddy's hints.





We spent the rest of the weekend hiking, playing board games and just plain relaxing.



When we got back from camping we invited Daniel's family to go out and eat with us at Copelands. We had the girls wear their shirts just to see how long it would take for them to notice. The girls were getting impatient with them not noticing so they started telling them to look at their new shirts we got them. It was so funny because at first it didn't register. Then all of a sudden it clicked with my mother in law and sister in law and there was some excitement and tears going on and there was my father in law trying to figure out what was so exciting about a shirt. I don't think he really believed it when we told him what was going on.

My family all live on the west coast so we got to skype them to tell them the news. I LOVE skype!!! It was killing me not to tell them before hand but I knew the girls would want to do it. So the girls still had their shirts on and got to break the news to my mom first. We tried to wait for my dad to get home from hunting and camping but he was taking way too long! Then we called each of my sisters and their families on Skype. After talking to them we got to call back and tell my dad after he got home. I don't think he really wanted to get on because he had been out in the desert for days and was really scruffy and he thought he would scare the girls. He was the most hilarious one. He got up and was dancing!! Seriously dancing! The girls got a kick out of that. My whole family was excited and shocked.


Well I think that is all I am going to get to today. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I will give more pregnancy details next time and I have tons of fun pictures from the holiday to share. My mom, dad, two sisters, two brother in laws and two nieces came in town for a couple weeks. It was wonderful!! I loved having them all here. Yesterday was a sad goodbye day. And my house is way too quite right now:(






8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I am so excited for you and your family! Hope your having a great night! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! I have missed your blogs!! I am so happy for you guys & can't wait to welcome this new addition with you guys!! We love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to see a post from you!!! Of course you know we are sooo excited for you! I'm still guessing a boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, what fun ways to tell people! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is such exciting news!!! Can't wait to hear more details :)

    Thanks for the comments about my pictures! How did you learn CS3, did you take a class? I have a hard enough time with photoshop elsments 7 lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello, came over from suzette's blog. just wanted to say congrats! your girls are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! That is such exciting news!!!

    ReplyDelete