Friday, May 8, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday: Living Room Edition

I think that Kelly from http://www.kellyskornerblog.com is awesome for starting this weekly fun of inviting every one to share their homes. This week in the Living Room Edition. So welcome to my living room. And if you want to share yours add it to Kelly's blog to share with eveyone!

You can see my new curtains in these pictures. But I am a little bummed because I am not finished with them yet. I have curtain draperie hooks to drape them to the sides to frame the fireplace but I (as in my hubby!) haven't been able to put the hardware in yet. Our family has been hit with the flu this week : ( So it has changed most of our plans this week. In these pictures you can see my sweet little angel sleeping on the the couch. She is 2 1/2 and this is the first time she has ever thrown up...the poor thing just doesn't understand what is going on! So I took advantage of her sleeping and got some pictures taken. I was hurrying and didn't notice that the lighting is not so great in some of the pictures. But I have loved looking at others and still wanted to share mine!





View from the breakfast area

I could not live without my bookshelves!! My father in law made them, aren't they amazing!! I wish I had that kind of talent. Besides being fun to decorate, they are great for storing all my picture albums and scrapbooks. And I have two bottom shelves that have kid toys in them that are easy to pull out and play with.




View looking towards my front entry and dining room area. The red ottoman is great. It opens and stores our blankets and pillows.


I wish I would have gotten a close up of our family picture because it is my favorite. My girls have grown a lot since it was taken but I can't get myself to replace it!

I love having functional furniture. You can never have enough storage space. In this cabinet I have all 3 drawers full of the kid apporpriate DVDs.


Here is where we keep all our electronical devices.



I use these cord covers to hide the zillion cords I have coming out from my television.



This is in our entry. And I keep all the grown up Dvd's in here.



We never used our fireplace because we were afraid that one of the girls would get burned by touching it. Then I found this to go in front of it and it works perfectly!



I have to show off my adorable little girls pictures!


Here are a couple closer pictures of what is in my bookshelves. I LOVE LOVE pictures so they are covered in them.






14 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your room!! It is probably my favorite on the list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your living room, especially your doorway and entry space. Very NICE! I saw your comment on Kelly's page about leather furniture... YEP! That's our motto too. We're leather furniture and inerior in our cars! :) Your kids are CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love fuctional furniture as well... i need more of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your book shelves are amazing. What a talented FIL you have! I love all the storage pieces you have. Love the room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your living room.. I am a fan of brown couches.. Love yours, I wish we would of gone darker but with our dark wood floors it didn't work. Also love your bookcases. I think I am going to have some built. I take TONS of pictures and I need somewhere to display them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your fireplace and book cases! BEAUTIFUL! have a great weekend and happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your living room! It's very pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a lovely home. I especially love the colors that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is so classy and sophisticated! Where did you get the cord covers? What a brilliant invention! I need some for our unsightly cords.
    Great job on decorating your home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great open floor plan, and I do love the bookshelves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty room! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your house is gorgeous!! I also LOVE pictures! They are so fun to display!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous home!! I just love the colors. Hope your daughter is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Living Room is really beautiful! Thank you for your sweet comment!!

    ReplyDelete